As the weather slowly warms there are a number of noteworthy items that I must bring to your attention this week.
Survey to Reopen School on Monday 27 April
While the E-Learning initiative has been a great success, HFS strongly believes that in-person teaching and learning in a school environment has the greatest benefit for your child’s education. We would like your support in our plan to reopen the school for regular lessons on Monday 27 April.
Please click here to complete the survey indicating your support for HFS to open on Monday 27 April. The results will be submitted to the Ulsan Metropolitan Office of Education. Your assistance with this endeavor is vital and greatly appreciated. Please complete and submit this survey by Monday 20 April, thank you.
The number of coronavirus cases gets lesser each day and the situation looks promising but, to alleviate any concerns, HFS will still be vigilant and adopt the strict protocols listed below to ensure that HFS is a safe and hygienic place of learning for all.
- The school bus will be sanitized but will operate as normal with each student’s temperature being checked before they get on the bus. Any student whose temperature reading is beyond 37.5 Degrees Celsius will not be allowed to board the bus for the safety of other children. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the newly instituted temperature check at the bus stops, but we would appreciate your understanding and cooperation for the safety of all children. They will also be given drops of hand sanitizer as they board. HHI will conduct fumigations of the bus in the mornings before anyone boards and once everyone has gotten off in the afternoons.
- Hanmaeum center will be closed until further notice minimizing contact between students and members of the public. HFS will enforce its own procedures of sanitizing stair railings, elevator railings and buttons and other public points of contact at multiple times throughout the day.
- HFS strongly encourages all persons to wear protective face masks and as such will provide students with two face masks each on Monday 27 April to be worn at all times while at school. Students will be responsible for their face masks which will be labeled with their names. Due to the shortage of face masks any further masks required by students must be provided by parents.
- HFS will increase the temperature checks to two times per day – in the morning before entering the school and again during lunch break before going out to the field. If a student is seen to have a consistent temperature reading of above 37.5 Degrees Celsius, parents will be notified to collect them from the school.
- Proper distancing protocols will be enforced in every classroom, in the cafeteria as well as when lining up.
- Teachers will spend time in class ensuring all students are aware of the best methods of practicing good hygiene, from washing of hands thoroughly and frequently, avoiding touching one’s face and being wary of coming into contact with infected surfaces and also taking careful steps when coughing and sneezing to ensure the wellbeing of those around them.
With these measures in place, HFS is confident that safe, healthy and effective teaching and learning can take place. Thank you for your support in this regard.
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign-ups
The Parent-Teacher conferences will take place on Thursday 23 April via Google Meets. Thank you to those who have already completed the online form to secure a meeting time with your child’s teacher. These interviews are a vital opportunity to meet with your child’s teacher to discuss their learning progress. If you have not done so, please click here to complete the form to book a meeting time. The dates must be finalized by Tuesday 21 April to allow sufficient time to prepare. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Term 3 Reports and Learning Material Delivery
The Term 3 progress reports will be sent out to parents on the school van on Friday 17 April along with the learning material delivery for next week’s online classes. Please review the report and mention any concerns you may have to your child’s teacher in the Parent-Teacher conferences next week. I am sure you will be pleased with your child’s learning progress throughout this term, despite the circumstances.
- 3:51 PM Bangeojin Daiso
- 3:56 PM Bangeojin Foreign Apartment
- 4:04 PM SMS Residence (At the main gate of the SMS building)
- 4:13 PM Prugio 203
- 4:18 PM E Pyeonhan 103 – 115
- 4:44 PM Sangtevill 115 – 111
Term 2 Final Assembly on Friday 24 April at 2:30 pm
We will have a unique final assembly this term. It will be conducted via Google Meets on Friday 24 April from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. We will still be giving out the academic commendations and citizenship awards as is custom, so please ensure that your child participates in this celebration of all the hard work that has been put forth throughout this term. I look forward to what promises to be a special event.
Finally, it gives me great pleasure to welcome a new student, Miss Olivia Walker-Hutchison, to our FS 1-2 class. She and her family have recently arrived from the UK and HFS is thrilled to have them as part of our community. Welcome to HFS, Olivia. I know your time here will be full of adventure and delight.
That is all for this week. Thank you for your continued support and do have a wonderful weekend.