At HFS we endeavour to…
- Provide accredited British based international education, in a Korean setting.
- Give a period of strength and continuity in our students’ education journeys.
- Develop students who are; respectful, responsible, tolerant and confident.
- Enhance expatriate family life in Ulsan.
We envisage a a school that…
- Delivers an engaging curriculum of broad content
- Achieves strong academic results
- Connects students with our Korean context
- Provides rich learning experiences and real life applications
- Has a diverse staff of well qualified international teachers
- Reflects the international character of staff and students through; studies, celebrations, languages and the arts.
- Embraces diversity and treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- Has a close connection with our parents and community
Core Beliefs and Values
- Striving for academic excellence
- Development of core skills in English as the international language
- Global thinking and an international mindset
- Curiosity, enquiry, deep questions, scientific method and critical thinking
- Programmes that encourage personal fitness and physical activity
- Studies that promote environmental awareness, respect for nature, sustainability and conservation
- Creative ways to demonstrate knowledge and learning
- High quality teaching resources, classroom equipment and furniture
- Students that are friendly, welcoming, accepting and able to work or play in a team
- Investment in ongoing professional development for all staff, relevant to their position and responsibilities
- Stimulating displays and learning environments that engage, acknowledge and motivate students
- Up to date and reliable computer and technical resources appropriate for learning and administration
- Strategic and administratively efficient systems, policies and practices