The marathon autumn term has reached Week 15 and Christmas is just around the corner, but the hard work and great learning continues in Year 4/5. Keep going everyone!
This Week we had a great time
- Continuing to work on numbers and the number system in maths. We worked on Place Value and Multiplying and Dividing by 10, 100 and 1,000.
- Learning about the Korean war in IPC. We are really trying to understand as much as we can about a very complicated historical event. We were asking Who, Where, What and Why questions about the Korean War. Every answer leads to a new question!
- Reading some more of our class novel. We made an excellent shared document showing information about all the different characters
- Perfecting our rapping skill for the Winter Show and working in our groups to get a performance ready.
- Starting to learn how to make and edit videos with Mr de Klerk in ICT
Just a quick reminder that, unfortunately, we can’t invite parents to the Winter Show this year. We will be filming the performances and will share the result with you.
It would be nice if we could all wear something festive on Friday 18th December (Winter Show and Last day of term). Maybe a Christmas jumper or a nice dress. The students may have an idea of what they want to wear to match a performance they are a part of.
Parent-Teacher Meetings Conferences
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to hold in-person Parent-Teacher conferences this term. We would therefore like to offer parents the option of either:-
- An online meeting on Thursday 17th December
- Waiting until after the Winter Break to organise an in-person meeting
If you would like to make an appointment for an online conference on Thursday 17th December, please contact the school office.
Available appointment times can be viewed here
Class Updates and School Newsletters by Email
Starting this week, an email will be sent to all parents when a new class update post is made.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues regarding receiving emails.