This week we had a great time…
- Placing numbers on a number line. We were trying to place numbers between 0-10,000 on a blank number line. We wanted to make it fun and interesting so we went out into the corridor used the grids on the floor to help us make giant number lines. Some of our number line reached from the classroom to the school office. It was also interesting to change the length of the number and then try to adjust the scale.
- Making great progress on the Multiplication Race – Everyone is past level 1 now and some people are as far as level 5!
- Reading more of our novel, Goth Girl and the Ghost of a Mouse – There are lots of characters to keep track of and some subtle puns to spot. The author has established the scene and the story is now about to start.
- Researching Important Inventions in IPC – We were thinking about which inventions had changed the world the most. We had to research different inventions, finding out when they happened, who was involved and thinking about how important we thought they were. This is a difficult question as it is hard to compare different inventions and how they have affected mankind. There were some interesting discussions.
- Singing some Christmas Songs – It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
- Making some Christmas themed storyboards in Art. Check them out here
COVID-19 Christmas Plans
As you may have read in the School Newsletter, the recent spike in COVID-19 has resulted in some changes to our plans coming up to Christmas.
- The Winter Show – We will not be able to invite parents to the Winter Show. The performances will be filmed and either live-streamed or made available as a recording. This is obviously very disappointing for everyone involved but we will do our best to ensure that the students are able to perform the things they have been practising and that the parents are able to see the results. The Winter Show will now be held during the school day on Friday 18th December.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – We will be offering parents the option of either arranging a virtual meeting on Thursday 17th December or waiting until after the Christmas holiday to have an in-person meeting. We will make sure that every parent who wants a meeting is accommodated.
- Open Day – We will have to postpone this event until further notice