What a busy week of learning!
I feel like I need a holiday to recover from all the hard work and great learning that has been going on. Good thing it is a short week next week and we have a holiday or our brains might explode.
This week we have had fun…
- Doing Science Experiment #1 – Investigating which type of chopstick is easier to use to pick up different objects. We learned a lot about friction and fair testing.
- Doing Science Experiment #2 – Testing how different blocks of wood slide over different surfaces. We also got pretty good at drawing graphs to show our results.
- Learning about different types of triangles, 2D and 3D shapes and their different properties.
- Making lots of different creative things that displayed symmetry.
- Learning how to summarise a longer report into a shorter presentation.
- Making 3D shapes from nets
- Learning a new game in PE
- Next week in a short week (Monday and Tuesday only)
- Monday is our Chuseok celebration and students are invited to wear Korean Hanbok or traditional dress from their own country. This is completely optional. No need to go out and buy anything.
- There are a lot of very interesting extra challenges on the homework this week.
If the students are able to access their school Google Account at home, I have shared a folder containing many of the resources we use in class. The resources are labelled by week and day so you can easily see what we have been doing and use the resources to revise if you would like to.
I challenged the students to make some Flexagons. Here are some good videos explaining what I mean.