Welcome back to a new school year. We have had an excellent first week and I am very impressed with my new students. They have learned very quickly all about Mr. Green and the how my class works. I think we are going to have a great year together.
I am looking forward to meeting you all at our Curriculum Evening on the Monday the September. At this meeting you can see our classroom and I will talk about what we will be learning this year.
This week we have had fun…
- Learning to tell the time to the nearest minute and using ‘to’ and ‘past
- Reading a variety of non-chronological reports and finding information
- Learning about the brain and how it helps us to learn
- Talking about of Core Values
- Meeting our new teachers
- Getting our classroom, computers and resources well-organised ready for the year.
Year 4/5 are very lucky to be having two teachers this year. Mrs Sim will be joining Mr. Green to teach our class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The students met Mrs Sim on Tuesday. Mrs Sim is a Post Graduate Certificate in Education student from the University of Buckingham.
We will be…
- Learning about Calendars and Timetables in Maths
- Reading some more non-chronological report and looking at the key features
- Continuing our IPC Unit on the brain and learning. We will be thinking about how we learn best.
- Meeting Mrs Sim again
Some things to remember
- P.E is on Tuesday and Friday
- Homework is handed out on Friday and should be returned before the next Friday.
- Curriculum Evening is on Monday 7th September
- If you have any questions at any time please just send me an email. It’s good to stay in touch. – firstname.lastname@example.org