We recently received our latest evaluation report from our accreditation agency – The Council of International Schools.
We would like to share some highlights from the report with you…
- ‘Hyundai Foreign School is a small, close-knit community where a totally dedicated staff care for and support each individual child.‘
- ‘The school receives very strong support from the board, and is financially supported by Hyundai Heavy Industries which has confirmed its support for the sustainability of the school in the longer term.‘
- ‘Staff … are clearly invested in their school being the best it can be for the students it serves.‘
- ‘Student report enjoying their learning, feeling happy and safe at school and enthusiastically discussed aspects of their learning and school life…‘
- ‘Parents report feeling welcome at school.‘
- ‘It was clear that everyone is dedicated to the school’s purpose and direction, student learning and well-being, and continuous school improvement through the accreditation process.‘
- ‘CIS is pleased to inform you that Hyundai Foreign School has been granted candidate status for CIS Re-Accreditation. Congratulations go to you and your school community on this achievement.’
We are obviously very disappointed to have been forced into E-Learning for the last week of term and are hoping that the situation improves over the Winter Break. We will keep you informed as quickly as possible when we receive any information from the authorities.
The school will open on the 11th of January, either online, or hopefully, in-person.
Thank you for helping the students with E-Learning and your kind understanding in this difficult situation.
Please keep us informed
The local medical authorities have asked the school to pass on the following notice.
- If any student has a family member who has taken a Covid-19 test please inform the school. Even if a test result comes back negative.
- If a student’s family member has been informed by the medical authorities to self-isolate, the student must self-isolate for the same period as the family member.
- If any family experiences any other particular circumstances related to Covid-19 please inform the school.
- Any information provided to the schools in connection with Covid-19 will be treated with strict confidentiality according to personal information protection regulations. As such, please be sure to inform the schools in case you experience any particular circumstances related to Covid-19.
Please keep us informed, even during E-Learning and the Winter Holiday. The school is an official part of the chain of information for COVID-19 cases.
Ms Jiyu – Maternity Leave
Ms Jiyu will be taking maternity leave for the remainder of the school year. While she is away she will be replaced by a Miss Lunar. Miss Lunar is an experienced teaching assistant who has recently been studying English at Busan University of Foreign Studies.
Everyone at HFS wishes Ms Jiyu and her family all the best at this special time. We are looking forward to meeting the newest member of the family and seeing Ms Jiyu again next year.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Term 1 is finished and it is time for a well deserved holiday for everyone.
From Everyone at Hyundai Foreign School
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.