You are probably aware that COVID-19 cases in Korea and Ulsan have been increasing again. The government will be making an announcement on Sunday and are expected to raise the social distancing level.
The school has already decided to make the following changes to our upcoming events:-
- The Winter Show – We will not be able to invite parents to the Winter Show. The performances will be filmed and either live-streamed or made available as a recording. This is obviously very disappointing for everyone involved but we will do our best to ensure that the students are able to perform the things they have been practising and that the parents are able to see the results. The Winter Show will now be held during the school day on Friday 18th December.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences – We will be offering parents the option of either arranging a virtual meeting on Thursday 17th December or waiting until after the Christmas holiday to have an in-person meeting. We will make sure that every parent who wants a meeting is accommodated.
- Open Day – We will have to postpone this event until further notice
This is obviously a very frustrating and difficult situation, but the school must take responsibility for the health and safety of all members of the school community and must follow all government rules and guidelines. We have been very lucky to be able to remain open during the majority of COVID-19, and we all hope that it will be over soon.
There is a lot going on at school between now and the end of term!
- Monday 14th December – Reports will be sent home
- Thursday 17th December – Parent-Teacher Conferences – Virtual
- Friday 18th December – Winter Show – Students only – Will now be held during the school day
- Also Friday 18th December – Last day of term (it’s a full day)
- Monday 11th January 2021 – First Day of Spring Term!
Scholastic Book Club Orders
The books have arrived and students who have made orders will take the books home with them today.